TRTC Junior Investigator Award
Junior investigator award applications are accepted once per year, prior to the annaul TRTC TB symposium. Applications will be reviewed by the TRTC management team and evaluated according to their contributions as demonstrated by the creativity, technical accomplishments, and impact of their research. Applications are due February 15, 2022.
Call for Abstract Submission
TB Junior Investigator/Trainee Award 2022
The Tuberculosis Research and Training Center (TRTC) at the University of Washington (UW) aims to foster research efforts, including collaborations between clinical/epidemiologic and basic science/translational investigators, and to address important scientific questions about Tuberculosis (TB). The TRTC also strives to provide rigorous training and educational opportunities to the next generation of TB scientists. Today’s early career scientists are essential to ensure that the field remains innovative and scientifically robust. In conjunction with our annual TB symposium, the TRTC has implemented a process, the TB Junior Investigator Award, to recognize the efforts of early career scientists who have made significant contributions to the entire spectrum of TB research including epidemiology, clinical research, implementation science, host-pathogen biology, microbiology, immunology, and vaccinology.
All applications must be submitted electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on February 15, 2022. Applications will be reviewed by the TRTC management team, and awardees will be informed by date February 28, 2022. Applicants will be evaluated according to their contributions as demonstrated by the creativity, technical accomplishments, and impact of their research.
This award provides for early-career investigators to present a lecture based on their abstract at the annual TRTC TB Symposium (Friday, April 22, 2022). Awardees will also receive a stipend, which can be used to attend a conference of their choice by covering expenses related to travel for that conference (post-COVID) or to be used toward other professional development expenses.
1. The competition is open to undergraduates, post-baccalaureate students, MD students, PhD students, postdocs and junior faculty (prior to obtaining an Assistant Professor position).
2. Entries previously presented in a professional society meeting will be allowed as long as it has not been published. Please disclose both the venue and the date of the presentation at the time of submission.
3. Willingness to present research findings at the TRTC TB Symposium (Friday, April 22, 2022).
Application Content and Format
1. Abstract should be submitted in English and should include a title, authors, affiliations and a narrative that is not longer than 350 words (not including title authors, affiliations). Please do not include any figures.
2. CV, which includes education and training as well as publication record.
Please send the completed application via email by 5pm on February 15, 2022 to email@example.com .